Teenager expects Pancakes


My son spends the night with one of his friends. When he comes home he asked me why I don't get up on Saturdays and cook him pancakes and bacon like his friend's mom does.


Then the lecture began....


I'm sorry, but I work all day-all week long. I get up every morning at 5:30 and prepare your breakfast, come home and take care of as much laundry and housework that I can while making sure you boys have your homework done and take care of any of school stuff that is due the next day. I have to fix supper (which sometimes is a grilled cheese and can of soup) feed the dog and the cat because no one else will do it. hint hint. That is why i don't get up early on Saturdays and fix pancakes. As a matter of fact, you should be getting up fixing ME pancakes!


Oh, he says.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colonoscopy and Chick F'ila

T'was the Day before Christmas

No Pain-No Gain? Yeah Right