Big Fat Loser

Okay, I know I suck. I haven't written hardly anything in weeks. My adoring fans (all 3) have probably deserted me by now.

Well.....

I'm back! It finally stopped raining so I can come out and play. The depression has lifted (almost) and I am feeling better. Thanks for the kind comments.

I do have some good news. I have lost 6 1/2 pounds in a week and half! Yay!!! Shout it from the rooftops! I am. Really, I stood on my roof and shouted; "I lost 6 1/2 pounds!" Shortly after that some little men in white coats showed up at my house and tried to carry me away....

No really, I am excited about the weight loss. My secret? There's not one. I started counting calories and doing a little (and I do mean a little) bit of walking on the treadmill and of course the Wii-Fit! (I got a great work out with by lifting it and moving it around every time I needed to dust or vacuum)

I have been going to my doctor's appointments. Today was the Gastronolgist visit. I really liked the doctor, even though he told me that he is going to do a colonoscopy on me. I can be sedated. I had a choice and since I have to have happy gas just to get my teeth cleaned at the dentist, I opted for sedation. I do not believe in pain.

I will make sure to fill every one in on the gory details after it's been done. Maybe I can share the video! Okay, you're right, I've gone to far. No video, just gory details.

Hey-have any of y'all out there ever had one of these things? Feel free to share your horror stories with me and scare me before I go in for the procedure. People at the office have already started.

Let me know!

Comments

Luna said…
Argh...this thing ate my comment.
Luna said…
I'm so happy that you're back and on the path to feeling better! Congrats and hugs to you on your success. I'm so proud of you! I wish you luck on your upcoming procedure. You rock, girl!
Aww man, we played the Wii Fit at my sister's this past weekend and now we want one but apparently they can't be had for less than $130 at the moment. =(
Luna said…
By the way--you are so not a Rosalie personality wise! Yes, you are beautiful, sophisticated and fashionable, though.
michelle huey said…
thanks Chasing the Moon...you are so sweet.
sorry you havent been feeling so great. You sound like me!
We got a Wii Fit last night! Whoohoo. I thought for sure I'd be in the obese range but I wasn't quite there. But the best part is that my balance is silly, it subtracted 11 years from my age, lol.
Anonymous said…
Ok, I've had many of these in this past and only once did a goofy doctor think he could do it in the office without sedating me. He couldn't have been any more wrong.

The others I have been sedated and it was nothing. It was not a big deal at all.

Except one time before they found out I had IBS, a doctor wanted to do one and I agreed. Then, he couldn't sedate me enough to do it. I didn't know it though, I didn't feel anything.

But, I was about 22 and the doctor came out after he gave up trying and told my mom that I was undoubtedly a "heavy drug user" because he couldn't sedate me enough to do the test.

I didn't take anything stronger than tylenol and had never even seen an illegal drug of any kind. Since that time, I have learned that I am just hardwired weird. You would have to read my epidural story to completely understand but I'll just tell you that the nurse aneth. was quite angry because he couldn't get me sedated enough to keep from being bad upset during labor. And, finally, after about 14 hours, the real doc came in and just put me to sleep because he couldn't get enough meds in me either. I've had dental work done and had to have 17 shots to do a root canal. So, with that, I know why that doctor couldn't sedate me. But again, it didn't involve any pain, I just didn't get the test done.

Popular posts from this blog

Aliens vs Grandma

T'was the Day before Christmas