No Pain-No Gain? Yeah Right

I have never experienced such pain and agony in my whole life. Birthing babies is a distant 2nd. I should have been more prepared, heck I just shouldn't have done it! What was I thinking? I guess I thought I was willing to pay the price. I just had no idea it would be this painful.

I got my lip waxed.

How do these people do it? I thought, well I've been doing my eyebrows for years, this shouldn't be too much worse. WRONG! When she ripped that cloth of death off of my lip I cussed her like a sailor. (That was after I bitched slapped her) I tried to regain composure and apologized to the other clients who were in earshot. I did not apologize to the lady who did it because I think she was enjoying it way too much. Have you ever seen the movie 40 year old virgin? Do you remember the chest waxing scene? Well, that was me, expect I didn't yell Kelly Clarkson.



I braced myself again as she began applying the molten hot wax to the other side of my upper lip. Now that I truly know what I was in for, I could keep my composure this time and just grin and bare it. WRONG AGAIN! I think it was worse than the first one. There were even more flying cussing words. Words that I didn't realize I knew.

It felt like a million needles stinging me all at once. A burn unlike any sunburn began to radiate across my upper lip. I felt my flesh trying to crawl away and die somewhere.

I'm not sure what was worse; the waxing or having to go to the grocery store with a bright red burn mark across my lip.

So ladies, those of you out there who may think this is something you should try, let this post be a warning to all of you. Sometime the price for beauty is just way too high. Buy a lady razor instead.

Comments

Mervat said…
I am new to your blog and from being here an instant you gave me wet eyes on two occasions! One for your previous post on your babies driving (very heart felt) and this one (just as heart felt!). I'll be back!
Mervat.
Nana said…
My brother told me once afte a waxing..." Yeah that big red spot looks so much better than the 2 blond hairs you had on your upper lip."

I found a little shaver by panasonic that I bought on Amazon.com it is amazing. Even my girls use it. That reminds me I need to hide that thing.
Whit said…
Oh, the mental pic that I have right now. You took me for my very first eyebrow wax, remember? in Old Town the week of my wedding. I usually just pluck my lip if need be, not much better!
Jill said…
Look I did that once and NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!! OUCHY!!!!!
tam said…
LoL MiMi! You are too funny! Thanks for the advice girl!
Have a nice weekend!~Tam :D
ShanaM said…
I am lucky. No hair on my lip (yet). Don't wax my eyebrows either.

Sorry for your pain... but you did have me laughing!!!
OMG, I am so glad you wrote about this! I am in the midst of deciding on what product to use on my lip and chin!! Yes, it's that time...I now know I won't be doing the hot wax thing!
Ms. Latina said…
I stumbled across your blog. Was visiting Carolyn in Carolina love her and being the nosy wench I am was checking out Shana who left her a comment and here I am! Gotta say your blog pic is AMAZING! And love your writing style ;) I also have that problem with the pain and redness. From what I understand its an allergic reaction to the wax but I am a gluttin for punishment and go back every month LOL
Best to you!
Ms. Latina

Popular posts from this blog

Big Fat Loser

T'was the Day before Christmas