I've Been Eating Hair

I spent all day yesterday trying to "de-hair" my house. I have one dog and one cat but you would think I had 12 of each by the amount of hair they leave around. What is up with that??? I swear it's much worse with Ziggy (my dog) this year than it has ever been before. Ms. Kitty is new so I don't know about her except that when we first got her in July she did not shed or cause me to get so stuffed up. You could not open your mouth around here without hair flying in it! I have no idea how many hairs I have eaten over the past month. Disgusting, I know.

First, I put both of them outside. They were thoroughly insulted by this. Then I began the De-hairing process.....

1.Washed all covers they had laid on.
2.Spread armor hammer "pet" deodorizer/hair pick up all over carpets and furniture (how does that stuff work anyway...how can sprinkling it around make your vacuum pick up more hair?)
3.Changed filter in the return and vacuumed the vents
4.Washed curtains and cleaned out window sills.
5.Dusted all of the furniture-twice!

I could finally breathe again...it felt so good....

for about 5 minutes.....

then I let them back in because it was so cold outside and I felt sorry for them. I'm so weak.

So you can see why my furniture is covered in hair. Aren't they so cute cuddled up together?

Ziggy is very serious about her chew toys

This was taken shortly after we got here-before she started shedding and stuffing my nose up

I hated that this one came out blurry. I took it just before the "de-hairing" began. Her tail does not match her body. It looks like it came off of a raccoon twice her size!

Comments

michelle huey said…
Okay, I just took a closer look at the last picture and it looks like ziggy has two fangs hanging down from her mouth. I assure you I do not have a vampire dog. I don't know what that is!
MelMel said…
Hi there!

Lovely pets!
Thank you for popping in!xx
My aunt has 3(yeah she is insane) persians and I know exactly what you are talking about. She finally got one of those gloves that you rub on them and the furniture and she swears by it. I have no idea what it is called. I know...get your hopes up then kick you in the knees. That is me. Sorry. I bet you can google it. Your blog is great and us southerners need to stick together!!!!
Jennifer said…
Aw they are so cute--and OMG the cat's tail!! It's wild and totally like a giant raccoon tail on a tiny kitty body!

I'm so allergic to cats, I started wheezing just thinkng about the hair removal!!
OMG!
I know what breed your cat is, it's a Maine Coon. My cat tigger is the same breed. Your kitty is so cute, makes me wanna adopt her. The fur in my house hasn't gotten so bad yet, but she looks twice her size becuase of her long coat. People call my cat a dog :(
Mc Allen said…
awww, yes, they are toooo cute!! I have 3 dogs and 2 cats , butttt I have an animal Dyson, SO THERE AINT NO HAIR, ANYWHERE!! seriously this thing is awesome.!! Love the pics!!! LA
tam said…
I know how that can be-we have an aussie dog and two cats! Brushing them weekly and bathing once in a while will help tremndously! And the allergy part is actually from the protien in their saliva and it gets on their hair when they lick and clean their coats. My daughter works at a vets office so we are lucky. I have learned a lot from her. I think in fact you are on her followers over at (Amber)http://whiskerpalace.blogspot She would kindly answer any questions you may have.
I think your pets are so adorable-I love how they lay down together-how cute is that?!?!
~Smiles~Tam
Monkeybean said…
Hey girl! I posted a new blog in regards to your question.Your pets are adorable and your kitty looks like she is a Main Coon Pixie mix.
I hope I was able to answer your question
Amber

Popular posts from this blog

Big Fat Loser

T'was the Day before Christmas