Standing the Test of Time


When I reached up in my cabinet this morning for a coffee cup, I grabbed this one and a thought hit me. I have had this cup since I was 18 years old. It was a gift to me from my cheer leading partner, Kelley Watts (I wonder where she is now?) I was amazed that I had hung on to something this many years and it has always been in my cabinet throughout the years. I did some quick math and this is what I discovered:
  • This cup is 24 years old. (Yes, I'm about to be 42 years)
  • It has moved with me 12 times. (I was a nomad)
  • Number of uses is too many to count
I love this cup. It has endured several packing and upackings, car floorboards, and the rain. I think I had a plant in it once. It has stuck with me. I always smile when I reach for it. Isn't that strange. It feel like a tiny piece of my teenage years have followed me around all of these years. I guess we can carry around a piece of our youth, huh? : ) Thanks Kelley-wherever you are!

I don't know if you can see the tiny cracks in it, but it still works fine!

Comments

Dot O said…
That is so cool to have a coffee cup with such a history. We went on a vacation to Nova Scotia back in 2004 and stayed at a cottage on the river that had no coffee cups/mugs. So, we went to their local grocery store and purchased two mugs. To this day, even though they were so cheap and not particularly attractive, I'm having trouble getting rid of them. FOrtunately, your cup is very pretty.

Let me know how you make out with the towels. So far, three weeks in they are still stink-free!!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog too.

Popular posts from this blog

T'was the Day before Christmas

Aliens vs Grandma