Is Dylan Trying To Reach Out to Me?

I woke up very late this morning, way later than normal. I did not get up until 10:45am. The doctor prescribed me a sleeping pill. I took it last night, but I had two glasses of wine during the evening. I was awakened by a song playing in my head. "Knocking on Heaven's Door". Can you imagine the horror that came over me? I was feeling disoriented, not sure where I was, with THAT playing in my head! I thought O'Lord I've died and my bedroom is just as dirty and dusty as it was on Earth! I really thought I'd have fine linens and clean furniture in Heaven.

Back to the spookiness....

The other day I was playing around with IGoogle and Google Reader and saw where I could add a picture header to the top of the page. I clicked on a title and no other than Bob Dylan popped up there! Remembering that this morning, I thought to myself (actually I said it out loud) "Is Bob Dylan trying to reach me?" I know he's not dead, but is someone, somewhere trying to tell me something?

If so what's the message?

Listen to more Bob Dylan?....Read an autobiography of Bob Dylan?...Learn to play the guitar?...

Of course this morning's episode with the wine and sleeping pills could be the reason I woke up hearing his song playing in my head. Believe me, I will not do that again. I just wasn't thinking and that could have been very dangerous. I know I'm joking around about it, but seriously it gave me a scare. I'm still not sure I'm awake! I might be blogging in my dreams! (I do that sometimes anyway) Below are the lyrics to the song along with Bob Dylan singing it. Don't you love that hair?





Knockin On Heavens Door

Mama, take this badge off of me
I can't use it anymore.
It's gettin' dark,
too dark for me to see
I feel like I'm knockin' on heaven's
door.

Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
Knock, knock, knockin'
on heaven's door
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
Knock, knock,
knockin' on heaven's door

Mama, put my guns in the ground
I can't
shoot them anymore.
That long black cloud is comin' down
I feel like I'm
knockin' on heaven's door.

Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's
door
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
Knock, knock, knockin' on
heaven's door
knock, knockin' on heaven's door

Comments

Gigi said…
I love Bob, but don't we all?! I have tagged you, but feel free to ignore it if you'd like.

Georganna

Hope you're sleeping better soon!

Popular posts from this blog

T'was the Day before Christmas

Aliens vs Grandma