From Dreams to Reality

So, I went to the doctor yesterday. I did a follow up appointment for the stomach issue (if you remember We Missed the Big Yellow Bus post). The medicine he prescribed 3 weeks ago just wasn't working. I am scheduled for an ultrasound of my stomach this morning. ( I guess he's looking for an Alien") He believes it's Irritable Bowel Syndrome, so do I. He just wants to do the ultrasound to make sure it's nothing else (like a miniature Sigourey Weaver about to pop out of my stomach).

I'm pretty bummed about it because I can't eat or drink anything this morning. NO COFFEE-I think I'm going to die.

I'm also not sleeping well. It's like my brain will not shut off. I wake myself up thinking about work deadlines, kid's activities, housework that needs doing, did I pay the power bill...stuff like that. I hate it-I miss sleeping like a rock. I have always loved my sleep. I think it's because I like to escape into dreamland. I have the best dreams. They are like watching a movie. I described my dreams to a doctor once and she told me that I dream lucid. That means I can change the direction of my dreams, I can stop them, rewind them or just fast forward past a part I don't like.

Isn't that cool? (ok,weird?)

I can fly in my dreams. I have to get a running start. I take 3 steps...1, 2, 3 and jump! I'm off and soaring through the skies. I can do rolls and dives like an airplane. Sometimes I have to flap my arms like a chicken other times I just hold them straight out and glide. Okay, I'm not weird...stop saying that...I read that lots of people have dreams about flying.

Of course I can move things with my mind in my dreams too. I have lots of super powers in my sleep!

Sometimes my dreams are romantic, sometimes scary, but they are ALWAYS so real for me. I do have this re-occurring dream where I am searching for a bathroom, either in a public place or some one's house. I can't seem to find the bathroom and when I do it's either really gross and dirty or it's not a normal toilet and I can't figure out how to use it. I'm going to have to figure this one out.

I like to study dreams symbols. I'll read books on them or surf the internet for sites containing information about dreams and their meanings. It's quiet interesting how the body and the mind separate at night and your brain tries to process everything it witnessed that day.

The doctor gave me a sleeping aid to help me get better sleep and feel more rested when I get up. So far, so good.

I'm off to the doctor. I'll let you know if they found an alien or not!


Comments

michelle huey said…
I loved all of the Alien movies,by the way!
Anonymous said…
Cool picture
Anonymous said…
HI MIMI,
GREAT BLOG AND THE CONCEPT IS AWESOME
WE AS WOMEN NEED TO UNITE SHARE AND RESOLVE. I HAVE ADDED YOUR BLOG TO MY FAVS I'LL DROP BY SOON HOPE THAT ALL IS WELL
Gigi said…
Oooo Mimi, I have IBS too and it seems to go hand in hand with insomnia -- fun, huh? At least it's not fatal although sometimes feels like it, doesn't it?
I have flying dreams too but not nearly enough -- love those dreams.
We must be kindred spirits;-).
Feel better!
Georganna

Popular posts from this blog

T'was the Day before Christmas

Aliens vs Grandma