Invasion of the Body Snatchers


I have two teenagers. Those of you who have or have had teenagers are now saying; "Bless your heart" and "Lord help her". Yep. I always heard how they change completely from sweet little darling angels into horrible, unrecognizable beings. It's like Invasion of the Body Snatchers, no lie.

Last night my 16 year old mocked my 13 year old. I don't know what was said exactly, but before I knew it, my 13 year old was flying across the ottoman toward my 16 year old. He looked like an NBA basketball star going for a slamdunk. I've never seen him jump so high. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever seen him jump. (There's not much jumping in X-BoxLive) Before he attacked, I was able to scream stop it. He was so mad he picked up a notebook and threw it across the room before storming to his bedroom and slamming the door. I was shocked and amazed. This child had always been my sweet, gentle, laid back kid. He's normally quiet and shy and very reserved. He turned into the incredible Hulk before my eyes. (except for the green part) My heart was broken. I knew then that the aliens had snatched his body just like they did my older son's. It's just not fair! I miss my sweet little babies.

I've been told they do finally return...never the same, of course, but at least humanistic again. I'll be looking forward to that day. Until then, I will just stare at cute little pictures of them, like the one above and watch old home videos. I've posted this video before of this grandma stand up comedian video. It reminds me that all moms go through the invasion.

Comments

Gigi said…
Hi Mimi,
Oh, I feel for you! My kids (especially my daughter -- don't tell her ;-) could really be hard work when they were teenagers! My daughter was the sweetest little girl, then one day she became possessed. I often expected her head to twirl around ;-) and green stuff to come out of her mouth. Years ago, I saw Erma Bombeck interviewed about whether she felt the angst of the empty nest when her kids grew up and left home. She looked at the interviewer like he was crazy, and said that the teenage years had prepared her very well for the empty nest thank you very much -- or something to that effect -- I'm sure you get the idea? In other words, I think she breathed a sigh of relief and poured herself a martini (or three) ;-). I love this Granny video -- so funny -- kind of reminds me of dear old Erma.
Thanks so much for your encouraging words about my bunny. I'm thinking of changing the name of my blog to "Look What I Can't Do Worth a Darn Cottage".
Georganna

Popular posts from this blog

T'was the Day before Christmas

Big Fat Loser